cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wyze cameras not playing on Google home or Nest

Stephen-M
Community Member

We just set up our new Wyze Camera V3 and Google Nest. The wyze camera's work when we go into the wyze app but does not work on google home on my iphone or the google nest. I have tried resetting, un-linking/re-linking and factory reset and syncing devices as shown on the other threads and it still says camera unavailable, can't reach this camera. What else can I try so it will show the footage on google?

116 REPLIES 116

If you have a Google smart display you can ask Google to stream the cameras. I’ve found this works about 50/50 of the time. Sometimes it comes on right away but than stops streaming soon after. I do have several Wyze light bulbs and light strips and they all do respond to my google commands.  It’s the video that’s the issue in fully integrating with Google/Google home. 

Then I’m running an anomaly. They run in Google home as long as the os is android. 

I’m running it on iPhone 14 Max and doesn’t show up on their. The interesting thing is Wyze customer service said it doesn’t work on Google home app regardless of operating system. 

You’ll need an interface for your cameras to get them to work like Scrypted

is there any documentation on how to do this?

The Wyze forum does identify a number of people using this on android devices. As well on the Wyze forum, Gwen has identified that it is a known issue, and Google is working on it. 

That's not true! My wyze cams live stream thumbnails from the Google home app and I can stream feeds on both gens of Google hubs with no issue. (I'm on Android running Google Home running version 3.4.1.5.

Based on Wyze customer service information , my own observation and that of many others on here it is in fact true for many unfortunately . I’m running iOS iPhone 14 max and the video does not stream on Google home app. This was also confirmed by Wyze customer service reps that it’s not supported. I can ask Google to stream Wyze cameras on my Google displays but even that is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works for a few seconds and then goes away. 

Oh? That's interesting, because they used to. I would use Google Home to watch simultaneous feeds from my Nest and Wyze cameras around the house. That's disappointing.

Interesting.

When was it last working for you on iOS? 

AZguy86
Community Member

It use to work just fine on the google home app or display/chrome cast so it’s something Wyze or google did that stopped

Matthew Sullins

When did the last work for you on? iOS?

Never worked for me

Strange as this is different than their documentation. 
It would be helpful to know if any other 3rd party cameras are working on Google Home. 

SouthernGal
Community Member

I have the same issue ... five cameras ... error says 

Live video unavailable.  The camera may be unreachable or saving battery
 (Google Home app reinstalled so latest version on iPhone 14 lastest software version)

On the Google Home app on my Chromebook.  The camera view is fine in the Favorites tab but not in Devices tab. 

What a mess 

and many other items (mainly wyze bulbs) are missing or saying offline when they are showing in WYZE and are on. 

this app is a nightmare.

Techblogger
Community Member

What I found is the cameras work on my S21 plus, but not my iPhone at all

SouthernGal
Community Member

Well i dont know what changed.  But this past weekend ... now on my google displays the wyze cameras work... when I select Cameras - they show up and the display works !    i did add a v3 wyze cam recently and also setup 2FA .... dont know if one or both of those made this work... or some code was recently updated 

stephen_s
Community Member

So then here is the problem… if Wyze cameras don’t “work with google,” then it shouldn’t be advertised as such! It shouldn’t be an option to add to GH if it does not in fact work with google. I wouldn’t have bought the **bleep** cameras if I knew it wouldn’t work on this ecosystem. And the fact that there is radio silence from google employees on this thread says to me that Google couldn’t be bothered that they’ve listed Wyze products as compatible even though that isn’t the case. It’s just not cool. 

To be fair, Wyze lights, light strips and plugs do work with Google home and I can see them and control them fine. I can also controlled them via voice on all my Google speakers and displays. But the cameras are a different story. It’s not truly compatible 100%. Though it would seem if you have an android you might have more luck. 

I find I can get them to work on my S21 Plus in Google Home. They do not work, however, with my IPhone 13 Pro Max. I am annoyed about that, and I think that the Wyze engineers are largely to blame there.

But we buy Wyze cameras because they are inexpensive. Not so much for interoperability. Which is why I will never go further with things like the Wyze door lock. No way could I trust them on my IPhone to get in my house or even worse to lock the door should I ever forget to do it after I leave home.  I cannot imagine the amount of panic I would have to endure with a Wyze door lock. 

There is a post on Wyze forum, Wyze discord and Wyze Reddit. That is a known google Google problem for iOS devices that Google is working on. 

Yeah "working on" for over 6 months...

Bethany1
Community Member

Well all of a sudden I can stream live in Google home with my wyze cameras. It wouldn't work, I tried al the things in the past. I opened Google home on my phone and it worked for the first time since June. I have a feeling they started updating since so many were angry about this problem. I bought it since it says compatible with Google home etc .. finally it's working at least tonight. 

On iOS? I tried adding them again to GH after reading your comment and same result. Not working. 

Bethany1
Community Member

Mine is Android. It showed my camera before but I never could view live feed or anything. Tried again the other night and boom, worked out of the blue. In home on Google pixel. 

MsDee
Community Member

I can't even see the Google Assistant in the Wyze app to link... only see Alexa 😳

Tomle
Community Member

Hi everyone. The newest updates require 2FA Authentication to connect Google Home to WyzCam now. Go to your WyzeCam app, Account, Enable 2 factor authentication. Then open the Google home app, Devices, Add using Works with Google, select WyzeCam, reconnect the account, sign in with 2FA. Then you should be able to see all the cameras again!

RickyTan
Community Member

This did not work for me. 

Correction: the cameras are now working on my google hub. But not on my Google Home app. Strange. But better than before. Thanks

RickyTan
Community Member

I’ve read through the comments above and I’ve run into the same issue. Only the cameras have issues connecting with GH. Wyze app works fine but we liked using the google hub as a baby monitor of sorts. Please fix this!! Google or Wyze, someone step up and debug please.

manxmanma
Community Member

I had 2 Wyze V3s working on the Wyze app, GH Hub no problem. Then yesterday they suddenly stopped working on the GH hub. I followed the advise from the Wyze CS. I opened Google home app on my Android phone, I removed the Wyze link in settings. Then I re-established the Wyze link to GH. Then miracle of miracles everything works again.

Hope this helps somebody. It seems that doing the removing permissions then starting from the beginning is the way to go.

Unfortunately a lot of people tried this process, in addition to others, with no improvement. I've factory reset cameras, wiped data for google home app, factory reset google hubs, linked and relinked the wyze account with no change. 

Markdez
Community Member

Certain wyze cameras like the og cam, video doorbell,  and pan will work on the Google home and nest its because of the live stream and if doesn't support video something.... I been doing the same thing that you all been doing till I read up on it and there it was so yeah my outdoor cameras the ones that you can charge and not have to have it plugged in all the time they don't work on the Google home or nest.

Those OG cams work on my Samsung, just not my iPhone. 

herewegoinvt
Community Member

Wyze definitely supports this and has support pages on connecting, viewing and linking like this one: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030201051-Wyze-Cam-and-Google-Assistant

About two weeks ago, though, mine stopped working in the Google Home app, though I could still turn on and off devices by voice. All iI had to do was reconnect. Open the Google Home app, click on "Devices", then then "+ Add", select "Works with Google", select "Wyze Home". That opens a new page that says "Link an account to control Wyze Home on any device", select "Continue", log in, after a successful login I was redirected to the app to select the devices to connect (mine were already selected and assigned to rooms from previous connections), and all my cameras, lights, and outlets are no longer offline in the Google Home app.

Hope this helps others

The steps you've provided are part of the documented steps that are recommended as part of initial troubleshooting this issue (reconnect Wyze account). Everyone having issues should have already attempted this prior to posting here. I've tried these steps several times, along with factory resetting the Wyze cameras, enabling multifactor on my Wyze account, reinstalling google home app, re-installing Wyze app, factory resetting my ISP mode/router, among other things. Nothing has worked. I'm glad this worked for you, however something else is inherently wrong with the compatibility between Google ecosystem and the Wyze camera latest firmware / app.

As a last resort, it may be worth starting everything from scratch. Within the Wyze app, uninstall (remove) every camera. Then within the Google Home app, remove the WyzeCam association by also removing each device. Once they are all removed, enable 2 factor on the Wyze app. Ensure that you phone is connected to 2.4Ghz channel directly to your router. Sometimes network extenders and mesh networks may cause issues with IOT devices connecting properly on. Then add each Wyze camera and device into the Wyze app until they are all there. Finally, within the Google Home app, go to the Devices section, and add Works with Google and add the WyzeCam app association and complete the login with the 2factor authentication. Add each device, assign them to each room and let us know if this works for you. 

BlusteryMagpie
Community Member

I'm having the same issues with no luck from any of the troubleshooting steps. My roommate and I both have pixel phones, and the Google home app update on Oct 5 (or 8?, I forget) broke the garage door functionality as well. So now neither the camera nor separate garage door opener work. I'm pretty certain this is actually Google issue and not a Wyze one. 

My garage doors work, but not the lights that are built into the openers (even on the manufacturer's app). 

TBCuthbert
Community Member

Any updates!? On Wyze forum Gwendolyn says Google is aware of issues of Wyze cams, not streaming in Google Home on iOS devices and is working in it.  …

I contacted Google Support this afternoon and could get no confirmation or status or update.