cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the Script Editor does not show up in the Android Home App.

Midnightmustang
Community Member

I can add automation routines in the web app home.google.com,  but they do not show up on my Android Goggle Home app under "Automations", anyone know why?  Is there a sync that needs to be done?  Or is web automation only available to trigger on the web app?

I also do not see "Script Editor" when i try to Add an automation to my Android Home application.    I go to "Households" then click the 3 dots.  but all I have is.  Google Activity Controls, Your data assistant and Help & Feedback.  There is no "Script Editor" Option.    Has this not been rolled out yet?   

Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I checked and you do indeed have to join Public Preview separately in the Google Home app if you want to see the option to create and edit scripts in the mobile app.

View Recommended Answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Are you using the latest version of the app? You should see an "Automations" tab at the bottom in the middle between "Devices" and "Activity". 

Create advanced home automations with the script editor - Google Nest Help

Yes, I have version 3.2.1.7.  I even uninstalled and re-installed.   I have the "Automations" tab.  but when I go and edit the Automations.  I create a new Automation.  Pick household.   I have no option for "Script Editor"  Its only allowing me to add the normal automation routines.   

I did notice on my phone app, that I was not part of Public Preview.   So I just opted into Public Preview.   I was already opted in on the web page version.  I assumed it would Opt me in on both, but maybe that is why I am not seeing it.  Ill give it a day or 2 to see if it populates the "Script Editor" now that I am opted in.

DWB1973
Community Member

I'm having the same problem.  The 'Household' automation that I have just created, saved, and activated using the Google Home for web Script Editor does not appear on the 'Automations' list of either my Google Home app, nor on the 'Routines' list at assistant.google.com/settings/routines webpage.  However, the newly-created automation does appear on the 'Automations' list at the Google Home for web page.  For context; I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 9+, running Android 10 and the Google Home mobile app version 3.2.1.7 without Public Preview.

My best guess of why this is happening is because the Script Editor at Google Home for web is Public Preview, and also because "routines created in the Home app can only be edited in the app". So, when will the fragmented Google Home automation/routine infrastructure be mended?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I checked and you do indeed have to join Public Preview separately in the Google Home app if you want to see the option to create and edit scripts in the mobile app.

DWB1973
Community Member

This worked for me.  After joining Public Preview, I am now able to see the scripted automations on the 'Automations' list within the Google Home app. It makes sense since Google Home for web is part of the Public Preview, so the mobile app must also be joined with Public Preview.

Midnightmustang
Community Member

Yep, I have it now.  Thanks for replying.. 

johnny_b79
Community Member

I was able to create and generate scripts in both the home app and the web version.  Now I have can't see the scripts in the app or create new routines with scripts in the app.  The preview symbol has gone as well.  If I go to preview it still says I'm part of the preview program.  

I can still see the scripts on the web version though.  

Has something changed recently?

Same here! Note this is still happening Dec 2023 for me. Am opted into public preview in both! Not script created automations in app.

Sliksound
Community Member

I am having the same issues described above. I've been in the public preview for months, but can only use the script editor on desktop. It doesn't show up in the app. Is there a solution for this?

Still happening for me Dec 2023.

Likewise unfortunately.

kaiclubbe
Community Member

i'm in the Home app Public Preview, but I only see Script Editor when creating a new automation. I'm unable to look at or edit scripts of existing automations. it'd be helpful to be able to edit automations as opposed to having to write them from scratch.

Warren_H
Community Member

Interesting that for me it is missing on my Samsung Android V13 phone. However it is available on my Samsung tablet with exactly the same Android version installed.

amnigo
Community Member

Reviving this thread because I am also not able to view/create script automations in any of my Google Home apps while enrolled in public preview. I am only able to view/create them in web version.