cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ac turns on for 30-58 seconds then shuts off

Harbi85
Community Member

I have reset the thermostat several times connected a c wire and reset and I am still having an issue. The ac will turn on for 33-58 seconds and shut off again and continue to do this. 

1 Recommended Answer

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Have you checked the condenser , filter, etc , to make sure it's not clogged ? If yes , then next step may be to have the coolant levels checked.  

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

While this COULD be a nest issue, it could also be a a/c hardware issue, either with a clogged condenser, low coolant, etc.   When did this start happening ? 

I had the ac off for two weeks tried to switch it back on and now it’s not working

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Have you checked the condenser , filter, etc , to make sure it's not clogged ? If yes , then next step may be to have the coolant levels checked.  

Not sure what the condenser is but I’ve checked filters 

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Sorry, the condenser is the outdoors section of your air conditioner, the metal box with the big fan, if it's clogged up it may not be able to draw in enough air to effectively cool.  This year has been iffy depending on where you are with all the forest fires , lots of particulates in the air. 

I’ll check again but from what I could see it looked fine. I’m in the finger lakes region of ny