cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Boiler comes on when not programmed too

80rj
Community Member

Hi - I’ve noticed that our boiler comes on when it’s not programmed to. I’m working from home today and it’s just done it when it’s not due to be on until 530pm. It’s done it in the middle of the night too and we’ve woken up really hot! I think it’s got something to do with eco mode? But I can’t work out why it thinks this would be economical - it’s wasting out LPG!! How can I stop it? 

4 REPLIES 4

liteman
Community Member

I have the same problem. The heating & water are both scheduled (separately) to come on twice a day, morning and early evening. I have switched the heating side to Off in the app, but for the last 3 nights the HW boiler has come on at about 3.30am. It did do this once before, but I thought that this was because I used to turn my phone off at night and the system therefore thought I was away. These days I merely turn the volume off so that the system knows I'm at home but annoying phone messages won't wake me.

arndale
Community Member

Mine is doing the same. It never used to, but the last few nights it is coming on during the night. Both Heating and Hot Water are showing as off, but the boiler is on. Doesn't appear that the radiators are getting hot, so may be to do with Hot Water in my case.

Smokeyshow
Community Member

Hi all following your posts above did you manage to get a resolution to your issues?  I am having exactly the same issue with the boiler coming on out of programme for hot water. It does this every night now. The neat system reports the system is off but the boiler is definitely on. Currently I have to shut my boiler down overnight to stop it wasting gas. Any help appreciated. Thanks 

80rj
Community Member

I turned off the little leaf symbol. There is a programme Imyoubcan find on the unit that will start to decide for you when it should come on based on what it perceives you need - sort of intelligent learning. I think that it was confused - it kept coming in when the dog was home. I wondered if the sensor for when someone goes past was picking up the dog and cat and so it was coming on. It stopped when I adjusted this.