cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get replacement thermostat to connect to heatlink

wylao
Community Member

My previous thermostat had a wifi hardware/chip issue so a new thermostat was sent out to me...

I can't, for the life of me, get the new thermostat to connect to the original heatlink!

Please help!

Thank you!

1 Recommended Answer

Yes that’s correct. The only reason I advise this, because sometimes the lid gets replaced and the number would be incorrect for pairing.

View Recommended Answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

What have you done so far to try and connect the H/L to the display?

What do you see on the display, and what colour lights on the H/L?

Any error code on the display, ie H71?

wylao
Community Member

Yeah I have the H71 error and my H/L is largely slow pulsing blue.

I’ve found the code on the H/L and tried the restarting piece I think but potentially doing something wrong?

Advice most welcomed. Do I need to do anything with the Wifi for example?

The reason you are in this position is you now have a none matched pair. Meaning your display and heat link are not linked together from the manufacturer.

You need to do the following…..Press the H/L button and keep depressed for 35 seconds or more, do not release the button at all. You will see the light on the H/L go on off, flash whatever, ignore that and keep the button depressed. Around the 35 second time you will see the blue light start to pulse, still keep the button pressed until you are happy the blue light is pulsing. You can keep depressed for ever, you just need to make sure it’s pulsing at that time not before. Do that procedure twice.

You will also need from the H/L the 6 digit code, make sure you have the correct one. Check the numbers match both on the screw by the cover, and the one by the left hand fixing screw. They must be the same, if not use the one by the left hand fixing screw.

Now go to your display and remove from the base. Squeeze the display from the screen to the back together and keep like that until the display goes off and you see the little house, then release. Let the display do it’s thing until you see the screen stable. Do that twice. 

Now at the display look for “Replace Heat Link” Click that and follow the instructions.

With luck you should be able to pair them together

wylao
Community Member

Thanks a lot. Will give a go.

Is the left hand fixing screw within the heat link? ie do I need to take the front cover off?

thanks

Yes that’s correct. The only reason I advise this, because sometimes the lid gets replaced and the number would be incorrect for pairing.

wylao
Community Member

This hasn’t worked unfortunately. Anything else you’d advise?

thanks

wylao
Community Member

Just checking in to see if any has any advice here?

Thanks

Are you still trying to get this thermostat to work after a month?

Can you confirm the following.....What do you see on the display, any error code, do you still have the H71 code?

The Heat Link, what colour light do you see?

Your thermostat is it wired or wireless or both?

Did you do everything I said above?

I was away for 3 weeks.

I still get the H71 code yes after unsuccessful pairing.

The Heat Link will pulse blue when I do the resetting.

Thermostat is wireless.

Yes, I followed your instructions directly.

OK, can you confirm the following......

What is the 6 digit code on the Heat Link by the screw cover fixing, and is that the same as the one by the left hand fixing screw inside the cover?

You have the H71 screen, in Tech - Heat Link - what is the 6 digit number show there?

We will move onto another option once you have confirmed those details.