cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot connect to Nest app

asutic
Community Member

I just installed bed Nest Learning Thermostat. It seems to be working correctly with the heating system.

However, I cannot get it to connect to the Nest app due to the TD024 error. Google doesn't document the meaning of this error. 

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

I ensured that both the phone and the thermostat are connected to the same 2.4 GHz wireless network.

Any hints how to overcome the problems? 

Aleks

Screenshot_20211204-105157.png

5 REPLIES 5

Gambiman
Community Member

I have the same problem / error

asutic
Community Member

I talked to Nest support yesterday, and the solution was to create a new Home structure and add the thermostat there. The issue was likely related to a conflict between the thermostat and a Nest camera in my existing Home structure. 

Other requirements (same wireless network for the phone and the thermostat) still hold.

The solution is not ideal. I still want to have my thermostat in the same Home structure as other devices.

Elloy
Community Member

This was helpful!

We only had one nest product within our google home so we disconnected it — the battery doorbell. We lost our data but we were able to add our nest thermostat and additional sensors. Once they were ready to go, we easily connected the doorbell once again. No issues!

Aerated
Community Member

Thanks for this tip! This helped me as well

I have been looking for an answer for 2 days. This was it. So simple for all the crazy things I tried. Thank you for sharing!!!