cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cant get nest to heat over 20.5c

PKY
Community Member

My nest seems to be stuck at heating the house to 20.5c If I put the temperature above this it says its heating to that temperature but never hits it. It will turn off if i set below that.

The radiators never get hot just luke warm. Its probably worth mentioning its connected up to the open therm standard and at first i thought this was just they way it should work (topping up regular to keep at temp) but when i turned temp up a degree its just not getting there.

I have tried a complete reset of the nest and does the same thing. I wonder if the nest has broken sensor somewhere for the temp. Based in the UK.

2 REPLIES 2

rsfridie
Community Member

I am having the same problem, so I'll be watching for any replies to you. Away from home using app, house will not heat beyond 52f no matter what I set the temp at.

PKY
Community Member

@rsfridie I got my boiler checked out (its under 2 years old so got the manufacturer out on warranty) Turns out it was a factory setting that hadnt been changed (and not the nest). Apparently with condenser boilers less is more and had turn something down as it was working to hard and unable to condense so turned off. Worthwhile mentioning im using opentherm. Anyway he changed that setting and works perfectly now. Sits at the temperature i want  and keeps topping up to maintain.