cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Formal complaint

Stevenmwall66
Community Member

How do I make a formal complaint regarding my heat link. I have just spent 3 agonising calls at 1 hour long doing troubleshooting after troubleshooting as heat link is not working for my hot water system, app shows the water heating as off but the boiler is still fired up for the hot water. So my electrician has said that the heat link is breaking down. I have asked to buy a new hest link but because I don't have a multi meter Google won't let me buy a new hest link. Customer service is an absolute joke.

1 REPLY 1

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Good luck with a formal complaint, we have been trying for over a year and ended up with nothing!

I cannot see what you would need a multi meter for, to prove if the heat link is switching correctly. I can only think you need that to prove voltage out on the 12v supply. I ssume your electrician has tested the relays are switching correctly? You only need a neon screwdriver for that, and test between terminals 4 & 6 for the water, 1 & 3 for the heating. Can you operate your water and heating direct from the display OK?

A simple test to prove everything is working correctly is: When NOT calling for heat, place neon on terminal 1 and that should be live, then place neon on terminal 3 and that should be dead. Now call for heat and the reverse should happen. You can call for heat just by pressing the heat link button. The same applies for the water side, but using terminal 4 & 6.

I assume you have a green light on the heat link?

Give it a go if you have a neon, it's an easy test.