cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heater doesn't work at night

Thecatguy
Community Member

So the heater works, but it doesn't work at night. Then I wake up and it detects my motion, and then turns on. What the heck? Can someone help me out? Because it gets really cold at night. 

4 REPLIES 4

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

You need to turn off Home/Away Assist option.  In the app, there is an option to set what triggers Home vs Away.  One option is to use your phone's location.  The other is the motion detector in the thermostat itself.  They are both on by default.  Just set it to Home and then turn the Assist option off. 

valgal
Community Member

Do you need to do this every day if you want the motion detector to work during the day?

An option to consider is that you can turn the motion detection option off but have the Home/Away function determined by your phone only. That way you can still have it automatically raising/lowering heat when you're home/away but not deciding you're not home when you don't walk by every now and then, such as when you're in bed for the night. 

Mine has been this way for years but recently started getting too cold at night even when my phone is in the house