The report categorizes the amount of Leafs you earned and uses your area Nest users averages. So you'll get a Leaf when you choose an energy-efficient temperature.
If you need any more info on the Leaf feature see this page: Learn about the Nest Leaf - Google Nest Help
Hope that helps!
Thank you Jill.
I understand about the leafs awarded. I just don't understand the middle panel.
If I am in the top 30 percent of users in my area, am I doing better than the other 70 percent, or not so good?
I'd just like to add that I had the exact same question. It's not very clear. If I'm in the top x% in my area, does that mean I'm using the MOST energy on cooling/heating in my area?? That's what it would seem to be. It's worsened by the fact that the middle panel is grey (i.e. bad) whereas the ones next to it are green (i.e. good in this context).
So just to confirm, this means that I'm in the top 25% of area Nest users in terms of efficiency?? As in I'm using less energy than 75% of my neighbors?
Sorry for any confusion and the late reply. If you are seeing the leaf on your Nest Thermostat, that means you are saving energy. The pictures you have sent mean you are in the top 25% of nest users in your area saving energy. Please let me know if that helps, or if you have any other questions from here.
It'd be great if they could change the way that report reads. It is quite challenging to decipher what is being communicated. Am I using more or less than my neighbors, the grammar in the report is ambiguous.
We hear you. Our team is working hard to deliver the best experience for our users — we'll take this as feedback. Keep your eye on the Google Nest Community page https://goo.gle/2JvnMRy for any updates. Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.
Check out this link on how to file feedback.
I do not have any details on when new features will be added. The best route is to provide feedback to our Team. I understand that this is not the most ideal answer, and I am sorry about that.