cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to add a temperature sensor that is associated with another account

Cyk
Community Member
6 REPLIES 6

Cyk
Community Member

I moved into a home with 2 nest thermostats and temperature sensors.  I was able to reset the thermostats but the temperature sensors are still tied to the old account. I tried removing batteries for up to 24 hrs but still gives me a error message they’re tied too old account. Any suggestions?

SonPasa
Community Member

I have the same problem.  Tried resetting by taking out battery but still connected to old account.

Mamabear3
Community Member

I tried too it’s still won’t connect, did it ever work for you? If so what did you do? Because removing the battery doesn’t work. 

Leggwork
Community Member

This is a real oversight in the product - it should let you override and add the temp sensor to the new account without having to figure out what/where the old account is 

Lnk44
Community Member

Anyone ever have luck getting the sensors reset? I’m having the same issue too and the trick of taking out the battery for 48 hours hasn’t worked for me. 

brent33
Community Member

from what im finding new temp sensors are the way to go, because the old ones are probly lost forever, ive had my battery out for 2 weeks still thinks its connected to the old email,.ohwell try not to make that mistake again