cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to connect multiple mobiles to learning thermostat?

Viffergb
Community Member

Hi

Just had Learning Thermostat successfully installed and controlling it via Nest App on my mobile. I want to add my wife's mobile to also control it, but when I reach the part where it asks me to enter the key, it reports "This thermostat is connected to an account" so I can't add her! Can you only have one phone controlling it?

Thanks

Graham

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Once the thermostat is setup, you don't use the setup steps on every mobile you want to control it with. To share devices, invite their account/email address to the home:

Share a home and devices in the Google Home app - Google Nest Help

Even if you setup the device with the Nest app or it only appears in the Nest app, you still need to use the Google Home app to manage home members.

The email address you invite must be a personal Gmail account, or if the person you’re inviting to the home uses another email provider, they must create a Google account using that email address. Once they receive and accept the invite, your device(s) will show up in their Nest or Google Home apps, as appropriate.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Viffergb
Community Member

I added my Google account to my wife's mobile, and then with my being signed in using my account on her phone, I was able to access the Nest Thermostat settings.  I then removed my Google account from my wife's mobile and checked to see if she could still access the thermostat settings via the Nest App, and she could.

Is that an acceptable solution, or do I really need to invite/add her to join our home from the Google Home App which I believe is another way of achieving the same outcome?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Once the thermostat is setup, you don't use the setup steps on every mobile you want to control it with. To share devices, invite their account/email address to the home:

Share a home and devices in the Google Home app - Google Nest Help

Even if you setup the device with the Nest app or it only appears in the Nest app, you still need to use the Google Home app to manage home members.

The email address you invite must be a personal Gmail account, or if the person you’re inviting to the home uses another email provider, they must create a Google account using that email address. Once they receive and accept the invite, your device(s) will show up in their Nest or Google Home apps, as appropriate.

Viffergb
Community Member

Thanks, I managed to sort it earlier by doing what you advised.  All good now 👍