cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

IFTTT Nest Thermostat Support

brrwo
Community Member

This support was taking away in 2019 I believe, with a mention of being supported in 2020. What is the current status of bringing back compatibility to IFTTT (for new users)? I work various days/hours that I put in my calendar. It would be nice for my heater to kick on and set the house to proper temp 45min before I have to get out of bed. 

2 REPLIES 2

andrebertel
Community Member

Would really also like an update on this. 9 days ago, IFTTT updated their blog post to include:

"Earlier this year, Google announced a significant change to their Nest products. In their efforts to bring smart home solutions under a Google Assistant umbrella, the Works with Nest program was to be discontinued. That meant your IFTTT Applets for Nest Thermostat, Nest Protect, and Nest Cam would cease to function. Now, that is no longer the case." Source: https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022524734-Important-update-about-the-Nest-services

If it's no longer the case, why doesn't it work?? Can we get an update Google?

That IFTTT post was written back in 2019, but for some reason every couple of weeks it shows as being "updated" but no update is provided. Ive since discovered Home Assistant being capable of my task, but it is much more difficult and cumbersome as it requires a google devolper account and unfortunately google nest security requirements requires a top level domain and ssl. The provided cloud option on home assistant nest configuration portion of the website is a $5/mo subscription. There is another more clever option people were using, but unfortunately it was removed right before thanksgiving. I dont recall the specifics, but they tied some other home automation that allowed nest to home assistant. And in return it gave home assitant access to nest products. 

Anyway. Thats where im at in my discovery. I dont want to pay the subscription fee, so im still searching for alternatives. 

Edit:

Sources: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nest/