cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Low battery message on brand new 3rd Generation Learning Thermostat

NRW
Community Member

I just had a professional install my Nest 3rd Generation Learning Thermostat.  Installation seemed to go smoothly.  I had worried that I might need to install a C-wire, but the installer said it looked like it was going to be fine without having to add one.  When he left I couldn't connect through my app and noticed that the 'low battery' was showing in settings under "Nest App".  I took it off the wall and charged it with a USB cable for 1 hour.  When I put it back on the wall it appeared to fix the error message and then about 36 hours later it was not waking up when I would walk by it.  I checked the settings again and saw the same error message 'low battery' under 'nest app'.  The battery has a charge of 3.6-3.72 (bounces around) and it is currently connected to my app and wifi, but I fear that something is wrong.  I took it off the wall and charged it briefly (for only 3 minutes) and it said it was ready to go back to the wall and last night when I reconnected it, it seemed to be fully charged, but when I woke up this morning it again says 'low battery'.  My software is up to date.  What is going on and how long will it stay connected to my system if it says 'low battery'?  My fear is that my apartment will lose heat and I wont be able to turn my radiator on if the Nest shuts off. 

0 REPLIES 0