cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Home/Away Assist not working

Gilly1961
Community Member

Hello
I just noticed in the last number of weeks/months that my Home/Away function isn’t working the way it did.
It is not switching to Eco when it is in the Away function when I am a certain distance from my house and also not switching to Home when I am on my way home from work.
I checked my settings and it seems OK, as in the Home/Away Assist mode the ‘Automatically use Eco temperatures when no one’s at home’ is set to On, the ‘Home’ setting is set to On and the ‘Away’ setting is set to Eco.
Please advise what could be wrong.
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Horner
Community Member

Same situation please help

GillL
Community Member

I have the same issue - Home/Away used to work fine but recently has stopped doing so.

Home/Away is set up and the activity log shows it is working.

But history shows being Away is not recognised so the heat comes on and heats the whole house up when it is set to Eco when I am not there - the whole point of having this device is that the heat does not come on when I am not here.

I had a long (1h 20m) live chat with customer service on Dec 17 and the guy checked all my settings were OK but he didn't have any suggestions to make it work.  He didn't seem to know the product very well at all.

Add to this how difficult it is today to get help when you are in the UK.  Why has live chat stopped?

I would not recommend this product to anyone as it is completely unreliable.

Google Nest please, please help with this.

madroper
Community Member

Same issue but Google couldn't care apparently