cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning Thermostat doesn't seem to work.

JCatHHS
Community Member

We moved in to a townhouse that has a Next Learning 3G thermostat. Summer Cooling worked fine. Winter Heating mostly worked fine, but then we hit a rock in the stream of progress. 

There are 2 images in this post, but since I am a merely normal human who knows a fair amount about a lot of things, but not a computer scientist, I have no idea if they will actually display. In the human world if you want to display an image, you just find, and insert.

Hey Google - You can have wonkspeak pages with links and questions about helpfulness, but on behalf of the merely human userbase, why don't you try writing a manual with a table of contents, and index, and make the PDF of it available???

My problem is that they furnace appears to be working fine. The problem is that despite having a setting of 71 DegF as desired, and 70 as the new lowest allowable Eco temperature. the system displays orange with a temp of 71, tells me how long it will take to get there, but then telis the furnace to shut off before getting anywhere near the specified temperature (or lowest Eco temp). If I turn furnace off, and turn back on it will fire up and heat for a limited period, but then it shuts off and stays off. 2nd image is a daily useage report that says system ran for 24/24 hours (it didn't, it was still too cold).

In the absence of helpful information in a useable format (have restarted, reset to factory, reinstalled - no error codes, and it still isn't running properly). If anyone has an idea, including how to just ignore the theoretical features, and just use as a manual thermostat, I am all ears.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I might consider doing. Thank you!!

Nest 2

Nest 1

0 REPLIES 0