cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning Thermostat heat cycling issue

myhippocket
Community Member

I have a Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Generation).  When installed, it took a while for the battery to get charged up and connect to Wi-Fi, but once it did for the most part it works fine.  That said, one issue I am having with it is that the furnace burners will occasionally shut off mid-heating cycle, while the thermostat is still calling for heat.  The blower fan never goes off.  But the burners go out and the inducer fan shuts off.  Then the inducer fan comes back on and the burners turn on again a few seconds later.  I have only ever noticed it do this once per cycle; i.e. it doesn’t keep doing it over and over again each cycle.  And I’ve never seen a 'low battery' message displayed (aside from during initial installation).    Any idea why this would be happening?  For what its worth, I don’t think there is an issue with the sensors or switches with the furnace.  My old thermostat worked fine.  And I now have the old one re-installed and still no issue when I am using it.  So, I think it’s related to the Nest thermostat.

It’s wired with a Green (G-fan) wire, White (W1-heat) and Red (Rh-power) wire.  No C-wire.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Mike737
Community Member

I am having the same issue at my new home after using my nest successfully for years at a previous location.  No luck in yet finding a solution.  

Even though I never had a 'low battery' problem, mine ended up being related to the lack of C-Wire.  As soon as I installed a C-wire the problem went away.