cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning Thermostat should be able to use temp sensor differences to control the HVAC fan.

tdrake0x45
Community Member

Different parts of the house heat up differently. My office above the garage is about 5 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, unless I run the fan to equalize the temperature. The Nest "Learning" Thermostat should support learning how well it can use the HVAC fan to equalize temperatures in the house as opposed to kicking on the AC to cool my office to 75 and the rest of the house to 70, when it could just run the fan and keep the office at 75 with the rest of the house at 73. This was brought up two years ago, got a bunch of upvotes, and the accepted answer is "Don't buy a nest": https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/Feature-Request-Adaptive-Fan-Nest-Thermostat...

I was sold an intelligent "learning" home thermostat system, and my only option for fan control is... timers...? I figured this was the whole POINT of the multiple temp sensors throughout the house, but those are just to pick one to use during different times in the day...? This seems like it ought to be a priority feature, and yet here we are two years later, still with 'timers' as the best option for running the fan with an upstairs that settles 8 degrees hotter than downstairs. I love the aesthetics of the Nest Thermostat but this sure doesn't feel that advanced, and I wish it wasn't too late to get my money back.

0 REPLIES 0