cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Temperature Sensor schedule.

Matts175
Community Member

Very disappointed to receive this and find out that the scheduling feature is pre-set. There REALLY needs to be an option to set the hours manually. This can't be rocket science to implement. I located the sensor in my bedroom, so that it could regulate the bedroom temp when I sleep. I work the later shift, so I go to bed at 2am and sleep until 9am. The settings ONLY let you set "night" as 9pm to 7am.  Not everyone in America goes to bed from 9pm to 7am. Why can't we just get a simple manual adjustment? I'm pretty sure I'm going to send this back for a refund if I can't find a solution.

4 REPLIES 4

Lorrie
Community Member

Agreed. It's absolutely infuriatingly and I'll bet our complaints will fall on deaf ears.

VulGerrity
Community Member

Have you had any luck?

Nope. Sent it back for a refund. This thing sounds great on paper, but when you try to set it up to met your needs, it's a real let down. Shame.

ywen666
Community Member

I mean honestly, who the hell designed the night time from 9pm to 7am. Our master bedroom is generally 4 degree lower than living room (where the thermostat locates), so we put a temperature sensor in the master bed. But the nest schedule does not allow me to use thermostat temperature from 9pm to 12am when we are in the living room, and bedroom sensor from 12am to 7am when we sleep. You must choose either one in the entire 9pm to 7am chunk.