cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

[Nest Thermostat] Adding timeout to start or stop the furnace/aircon

andrewnguyen
Community Member

Hello,

I've chatted with Support team, but no answer, probably this is a new feature request.

This is very important little thing that all of manufacturers must implement.

When you have target temperature at 28*C, current room temperature is 29*C, if you change to 28*C it will start the heat pump right away, and if you change the temperature back to 29*C it will stop the heatpump immediately.

This starting or stopping immediately can kill the heat pump in no time, or reducing the lifespan of air conditioner/furnace.

Other manufacturers (for example Ecobee) always added a timeout (5-10 seconds) before starting or stopping, with this delay you can undo changes or in Lock-Mode (the range is not locked actually), someone can play with it and it will kill the furnace/air-conditioner.

Even the very old thermostat (non-smart), it has a delay time before starting/stopping.

or the wise, please remove the temperature range when it's locked, so noone can just adjusting to start/stop the conditioner multiple times in just couple seconds.

2 REPLIES 2

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • Are you developing a Smart Home action for 3P thermostats, or are you referring to the behaviour of Nest Thermostats? 
  • If you are a Smart Home developer, please open up a ticket on the public issue tracker, providing your project id, sync response, as well as the detailed description for the API change so we can put it on the roadmap for our future improvements to our ecosystem.
  • If you are a Nest user, please let us know that we can carry this question to the Nest Thermostat Forum, so they can provide better support to you.

I am a Nest user, I contacted customer support did not have resolution for this issue.

The Nest Thermostat Forum won't help since they are not developers of Nest product, this is the improvement that only a long time users with multiple thermostats products can notice the difference.

Thank you.