cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat App History

ssturner66
Community Member

Just curious in the Nest Thermostat App where you can look at your history to see how long and at what times you furnace has run. When it shows that the furnce ran for 3.5 hours on a certain day, is that with the furnace running and heating or does that also include times that the furnace fan was running but no heat being applied? I have a fireplace that has a heat dump into my furnace hot air plenum and when my fireplace fan kicks on, it is interconnected with my furnace fan and turns the furnace fan on as well. When this happens, the furnace is not lit and is not heating any air, it is simply pushing the hot air from my fireplace throughout my house using the furnace ducting.

1 Recommended Answer

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

I'm pretty sure it only shows heating when the burner is running.  I have my fan set to run continuously 24/7 and it does not show up in the history, only when the burner kicks in.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

I'm pretty sure it only shows heating when the burner is running.  I have my fan set to run continuously 24/7 and it does not show up in the history, only when the burner kicks in.