cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostate not working

barneysweeney12
Community Member

We have power going into the Nest Thermostat White Box but no power coming out of it to the Thermostat itself!

1 REPLY 1

seagray
Community Member

I had 2 thermostats fitted by a professional electrician as instructed by Google. One control box and the thermostat became inoperative so no manual over ride and no thermostat control. THIS IS WHEN THE NIGHTMARE BEGAN. Trying to communicate with Nest is difficult and on the advice of the electrician, replacement of the components was the only option as he had seen this before. This was done the system works fine now. I finally got hold of a very unhelpful chap who basically said that even if the professional has made the assessment no reimbursements are due as I needed to call him first to authorise. I had an elderly lady in the house who needed heating quickly so did the right thing but was told very sharply I needed to call them first and they would process and send new equipment.  £500 later and no help from Google this is a warning to do what I did - dump the the Nest system and go for Honeywell (Its great) and convert all Google products to Apple as the customer service is highly rated and my experience so far it works much better. I have gone from a real fan of all things google to actively avoiding it all. I am luck that money was not an issue and feel for those stuck with it. Civility and working customer relations in a service industry is critical but looking at the many similar complaints my experience is not unique by a long way.