cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest app says Nest is offline. Nest thermostat says Nest is online.

Strategist
Community Member

Starting two days ago, my iOS Nest app said the Nest Learning Thermostat was offline.

For those two days, the thermostat itself said it is online. It is behaving normally.

I reset and restarted the thermostat. I removed it from the iOS app and reinstalled it. It went online... for a few minutes. It's back offline according to THE APP, but working normally .

The router says the Nest is online. All other devices in the house -- multiple computers, multiple phones, smart this, smart that -- are behaving normally. Strong WiFi and high speeds throughout the house. I'm running iOS 15.1.

The thermostat would not find an "entry key" so I could reinstall it in the Nest app. I reset the thermostat and it quickly found an entry key. The app worked for five minutes.

I'm using an ASUS XT8 mesh network. Speed 2 inches away from the thermostat is 180 Mbps. The thermostat says it's running software version 5.9.4-5. When I ask it to look for a software update, it says the thermostat is offline... but the thermostat's network settings say the thermostat is online.

It's a Diamond-1.12 model, backplate 1.9a, battery 3.87 volts.

Help?????

4 REPLIES 4

blan
Community Member

Also had nest appearing 'offline' even when connected.

Tried removing and re-entering it into my nest/home - big mistake.  The Google Home app crashes every time I try to add a thermostat, and the nest app keeps saying 'something went wrong connecting to nest service, try again later'.

Very frustrating.

Strategist
Community Member

Very frustrating indeed. And both Google and Nest do not seem to provide any way to contact them directly. Is this the future of smart home devices? This is not good business.

Strategist
Community Member

Forgot to mention: I had rebooted my cable modem and home network. No joy.

Vhall22
Community Member

And look at all the replies from Google, my thermostat is doing the same thing…..