cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest learning thermostat 3 gen wiring issue

serpico1
Community Member

I just purchased a nest 3 gen learning thermostat

My current thermostat has 6 wires, when I used the apps wiring guide, it state to contact support for assistance.  I have a yellow, green, 2 white wires, 1 into the W and the other into an O, 2 red wires, 1 into Rh and the other into B,  (see photo)20220117_140705.jpg there is also a jumper between the rh and rc. 

How do I wire my new nest thermostat?

9 REPLIES 9

sporfrog
Bronze
Bronze

You may want to go to the support page and select "Contact Us".

I don't have an answer, however, I suspect somebody here will know or have a suggestion! In your case, it might be helpful to know what kind of HVAC system you have. Is it heat pump, gas furnace, electric furnace, boiler, etc.  It could be multiple types with a primary and secondary. Also include the existing thermostat brand and model if possible.

Hopefully someone can give you a definitive answer!

Martin46032
Community Member

Yes, I need to know what system you have. Is it a reversible heat pump (the 'O' wire suggests that)?

serpico1
Community Member

The current thermostat is a LuxPro psp511 convectional thermostat, not WiFi

the system is a gas furnace, forced hot air HVAC system

The system has two damper zones, controlled by an EWC control board.

I have a nest E thermostat on the other zone, that only had 4 wires, red, yellow, white, and green. 

Martin46032
Community Member

Interesting; can you tell me to where the 'O' (white) and 'B' (red) wire are connected? They seem to be part of a different cable.

You have two red and two white cables...

Just FYI - the white wire connected to 'W' seems to have lost isolation - be careful there.

serpico1
Community Member

The white "O" wire is connected to the "O" terminal on the control board on the furnace20220117_174642.jpg, the red "B" wire is connected to the "B" terminal on the control panel on the furnace

Martin46032
Community Member

We are getting closer; can you please let me know what the HVAC system (Manufacturer and Model Number) you have so that I can find the installation manual online? TXS

serpico1
Community Member

is is a Heil H9MPD1 with a EWC -ST-3E zone controller20220117_190653.jpg board

Just out of curiosity - why not hire a professional to complete the work?

Martin46032
Community Member

Hello, and thank you for the wiring diagram. I did also look into the control unit's installation instructions. There seems to be no easy adaptation of the nest thermostat to you system - sorry. But there is a work around which is described in following link: https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/182426/nest-thermostat-wiring-issue

Good Luck and sorry I could not help.