cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat blowing cold air in heat mode

Cali2021
Community Member

New install of Nest Learning Thermostat and we are getting cold air blowing. I’ve read through the posts but not many resolutions , so would appreciate any help!!

Photos of old and new wiring attached. 

E0A75C41-8D31-4E68-973E-6604DF5413B9.jpeg

E66F0876-F5DF-46E7-94BD-6160513DE82C.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

Jon4
Community Member

Check your equipment type under settings.  If you have a gas furnace the fuel type should be set to ‘gas’, which will delay start of the blower until the furnace warms up.  When the fuel type is set to ‘electric’ the blower will start immediately, and cold air will blow out until the heat exchanger warms up.  

Springerz
Community Member

How do I change my primary heat source to gas? 

Will12345
Community Member

I can’t change the Heat Fuel Source.  The option is greyed out.  

Same...the option is greyed out.  I called and spoke to someone but they were no help either.  How do you change the heat source?

I had incorrectly labeled a jumper wire, causing the system to think I have a heat pump when in fact I don’t.  Double check your wires and restart the setup.  

Did you ever get it figured out? I’m having the same problem.

I had incorrectly labeled a jumper wire. Once I had the correct wiring I reset and went through setup again.

Cali2021
Community Member

Thanks! That solved one problem and we uncovered that the heater was also short cycling. And figured out that the Nest battery wasn’t charging, which pointed to needing a C wire. Even though our original set up didn’t have a C - wire, we had extra wires that my husband was able to use (thankfully) so we avoided a c wire adapter and also an expensive electrician trip. Thanks for the response and I hope this helps others!

SwetT72
Community Member

I need assistance with my thermostat. I recently had to reset due to low battery & wifi issues. I have completed the set up steps several times but only warm/hot air is being pushed out.

AnaB
Community Member

I have a cable connected to the Y (I don’t have a clue of what that is for) but I am freezing and the aire won’t blow warm.. 

AnaB
Community Member

image.jpg

Air is blowing cold on heat mode, does someone have a clue?