cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat warranty disapointment

Nono1234
Community Member

I purchased a Nest T-stat at the end of November. It worked a couple of weeks and then stopped working. It wouldn't detect any of the wiring.  They agree to replace it as part of their warranty but they are sending me a refurbished unit instead of a brand new one. To make things worst is that if I don't send the defective unit back, they will charge me for the price of a brand new unit ($129.99).  Be honest with yourself and at least charge me for the price of a used one. I am pretty disappointed by Google.  I would understand if the unit was broken due to user error or if it was past its warranty, but replacing it with a used unit after less than 2 month, this is unacceptable. Rant over.

2 REPLIES 2

Pradhyumnakansa
Community Member

Nest camera support is HORRIBLE to say the least. 1st of all they said the cameras are not part of the warranty and then charged me for the full price  (refundable) and sent me REFURBISHED pieces. This is UNACCEPTABLE. 

5-############2085

Kdoll
Community Member

100% AGREE. Such a frustrating a process. Had to jump through a million hoops (had to hired a OnTech Nest Pro) just to prove to them I had a defective wire plate just to get a refurbished unit.