cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Preheat setting - can it be turned off?

SteveLovett
Community Member

Can the preheat mode be disabled in settings?

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew3
Community Member

Tap the cog top right, go to the bottom and tap the room underneath thermostat. Go to True Radiant, choose maximum duration & limit to '0'. 

I’ll give that a try. Thank you very much 👍

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting to the Google Nest Community forum.

@Andrew3, thanks for sharing the steps.

@SteveLovett, I wanted to make sure you are good to go disabling the True Radiant settings on your Nest Thermostat. How was it, were you able to disable the settings? For your reference, here's a quick link

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Mark

SteveLovett
Community Member

Hi Mark, like most people, I’m not using my heating much at the moment! I have put it on once since changing the settings and it appears to have done the job. Many thanks Andrew 👍

Hello SteveLovett,

Awesome! Thanks for getting back and letting us know that you were able to disable the True Radiant settings, and please continue observing your Nest Thermostat behavior.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best,

Mark

Hey folks, 

Thanks again for helping here, @Markjosephp
@SteveLovett, I hope you've got the answer you're looking for. If you're still in need of any assistance, feel free to let us know. 

Best,
Mel

Hi everyone,

Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.

Thanks,
Mel