cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Room overheated

jackie23
Community Member

My husband and I went out for the evening and left our baby with a sitter.  That night the baby woke up crying and when we investigated we found her soaking wet.  My husband has a theory that while we were away our Nest thermostat when into Away Mode and the temperature dropped several degrees (the eco mode setting is 60 degrees).  Upon return the Nest called for heat and the system ran for a longer than normal period.  Because we leave the baby's room door closed and because we have a single zone heating system the longer the heat is on the higher the temperature in the baby's room.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so does anyone have any idea about how warm the room might get?  Also is there a way to avoid this with out redoing the entire HVAC venting?

1 REPLY 1

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

A couple things to think about...

First, check the History option in the Nest app and it will show if/when heating kicked on.

You could turn off Home/Away Assist and Use Eco if that happened.

You could leave your daughter's door open to equalize the heat faster.

You could buy a remote temp sensor to put in your daughter's room.  The Nest would then be monitoring the temp in your daughter's room instead of where the thermostat is located.

Personally, I found the Home/Away Assist function to be just not worth automating so I have it turned off.