cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Shoutout to Nest Support for Wasting My Time

username9842
Community Member

I've been a longtime supporter of Nest but not Google.  Have had four thermostats in total, and this most recent one failed after nine months, with the unit heating when the AC being turned on.  No changes were made.  It just up and started heating during cooling.  So what does Nest support arrive at being the problem?  The backplate.  Right.  I have the old thermostat back on working just fine, so it's not the HVAC, either.  If Google doesn't want to stand by their product, that's fine, but how about just being more direct about it instead of throwing garbage solutions my way.  It's the thermostat itself.  Anyone with half a brain and experience in troubleshooting anything can come to that easy deduction.  Why waste my time making me order a replacement backplate, go through reconnection, only to have it still be in a faulted state?  Where is the critical thinking needed by a support team to do its job?  The script they're using obviously is only as good as the person following it.  Thanks, Google.  Thanks for taking Dropcam and Nest and turning them mediocre.  Thanks for wasting hours of my time to arrive at a "solution" that is just going to further waste it.  Thanks for trying to nickel-and-dime support solutions instead of just taking care of it once and for all.

0 REPLIES 0