cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Takes too long to cool

canderson189
Community Member

I saw a previous post that explained that the Nest doesn't control how long it takes to get to the desired temperature, but I would like your help to fine-tune settings. Today we were away for most of the day. It was 90 + outside and 78 inside. We have the thermostat set to 74 when we're home during the day and 70 at night. When we got home, the Nest told us that it would take 2 + hours to get to our desired temp. Trying to sleep when it's still 78 doesn't work well with us. As an aside, we have an electronic filter that I clean regularly and we don't use fiber filters. What can we do to get it to 74 when we get home or 70 at bedtime?

1 REPLY 1

Cgreen3399
Community Member

I found that the solution my Installer gave me worked after I did one additional thing.  I saw a post that had a solution similar to what my Tech said. Tech told me to turn nest off from the app or the wall then turn back on but put in echo mode. The first times it did nothing until I read a post here that said the same thing but also put Eco mode low as possible. I lowered echo to 70-76 and the system is working great since then!

Cgreen3399_0-1659719903572.jpeg