cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat not switching to Eco when Away mode is on

manub
Community Member

My thermostat used to switch to Eco when my home went in away mode, both from a manual switch in the app or when it switched automatically because of phone location. However this has now stopped happening - I double checked settings in the Nest iOS app and it still says that uses Home/Away assist. How can I fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

Dannybliss
Community Member

Having exactly the same problem. Nothing seems to work and there are no exact solutions that have solved my issue. Must be some sort of software issue 

XoRdi
Community Member

Yup, I have same problem, have to do that manually from some time. Google please fix.

RT1200
Community Member

Same here, needs fixing. Is it anything to do with the last IOS update?

LifeonMars
Bronze
Bronze

Same problem here in UK  iPhone 12 3rd Gen thermostat running iOS 15.2

DocSpencer
Community Member

Same problem. Has this not been solved yet? It’s rubbish (and expensive if I forget to control remotely).

BENDANCE
Community Member

Same problem here in UK used to work fine, again IPhone 12 running latest ios 

schase56
Community Member

I think the problem may be independent of iOS and the phone, as I have the same problem without using my phone. Not switching to Eco in Away mode.

It's the 100 percent the app. It's the same on my phone. If I uninstall and reinstall the app it works. Then a out 4 hours later the app comes up with a 'running in the background' notification then as soon as that happens it dies. Been like I since I got the nest and each time it resolves it for around 3 to 4 hours max. Nest still refuse to accept their is an issue 

GOP
Community Member

ARE YOU STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM , I HAVE IT TOO IS THERE ANY FIX FOR THIS ?

Using Samsung Smart Things App and the Nest App together works for me by setting routines up in the SST app 

6CD0410C-3EF3-4B61-ABAF-CC3E9F1F48E5.jpeg

9FF23ABF-D231-446C-8BCF-EB5DD70256A2.jpeg

Notveryhappy1
Community Member

Same problem in UK installed nest learning thermostat on new boiler switching to eco when away lasted about 1.5 weeks then stopped working Google help directed me here whatever happened to customer service!