cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat not working

Ric88
Community Member

The thermostat needs to reboot before my heat turns on every other day.  This happen after the last update, the temperature drops below the set temperature and the heat doesn’t run. I thought it was furnace at first but everything works after I reboot the nest thermostat.  Anyone else has the same problem or fix?

2 REPLIES 2

dhx227
Bronze
Bronze

Yes.  I'm experiencing a very similar problem.  Whenever we lose power, the Nest does not seem to restart correctly.  It maintains Safety Temp just fine (cycling the heat on/off to keep it there), but it WILL NOT HEAT to any other setting.   It's the strangest thing.   This happened last week after a two day power outage and I finally was able to reboot the thermostat.  It then started working for a few minutes but then disengaged the call for heat.  I rebooted again and it finally kept the call for heat on until the set temperature was reached and then maintained that for about 4 days until we lost power again.  Now it's stuck in the same br0k3n mode again.   My big problem is that the thermostat is in a house over an hour drive away and there is no remote reboot option.   So, I can't remotely fix it nor control heat until I drive to there to reboot the stupid thing!   ARGH!   The whole point of this was being able to remotely call for heat BEFORE I get to the house!!!

dhx227
Bronze
Bronze