cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UK/Europe nest learning thermostat 3rd generation y plan wiring diagram with second/aux heat source

grizzlybear
Community Member

Hi, i wonder if anyone can offer any support or guidance with a UK/Europe nest learning thermostat 3rd generation y plan wiring diagram with second/aux heat source.

We have a geothermal system installed providing heat to our radiators and a separate hot water tank.  This is installed in a y-plan configuration,

We have a separate hot water tank that also has its own tank thermostat governing water temperature and an immersion/secondary electric powered heating coil that provides top up or back water tank heating should the geothermal system fail or not be able to heat the domestic hot water to the desired temperature.

I have seen the nest heatlink y-plan wiring diagram, but can't seem to find a variant that includes the secondary water tank immersion heat coil, can anyone in the community help with this please.

I understand that the nest heatlink can accommodate two heat sources for the hot water and want to ultimately configure the system to default to geothermic heat source, prioritised for hot water, calling on the separate hot water tank immersion heater if the tank thermostat temperature is not reached by the geothermic side of the system in the nest water heating schedule.

Any help, advice and support form the community would be really welcome.

Thanks,

Jason

0 REPLIES 0