cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UK Heatlink unit appears to have failed... again

rocklobster
Community Member

Hi,

Had power off to the house earlier today. Since it's been back on, my nest themostat isn't turning on the heating. 

Boiler (combi CD24i) appears to work fine, Voltage across pins where the nest should call for heat doesn't alter when calling. I had one die a couple of years back and google replaced it - that was what seems to be a fairly common failure with no lights or anything. This time the heatlink looks fine, and clicks when the thermostat calls... yet it appears to not actually do anything.

Found a few people online who've reported the same and suggesting it's the relay (maybe - although I can hear the relay clicking).

Any ideas? Tomorrow when it's daylight I'll try to short accross the call pins just to make sure the boiler fires - if so, I guess it's the heat link and I'm out of luck given the warranty is over. I'm guessing google still don't sell just the heatlink and I have to replace the lot? Not very green if so!

Is this a Gen 3 model? From the app I get this:

Thermostat

ModelDisplay-3.6
Backplate modelBackplate-6.5
Serial no. 
Software5.9.5-2
UpdatedNov 16, 2021 8:12 PM
MAC 
IP192.168.1.181
Last contactJust now
Battery3.93 volts

Heat Link

ConnectionWireless
ModelAmber-2.5
Serial no. 
Software2.1.2-1
1 REPLY 1

Merisius
Community Member

Hi. Had the same problem with my older Siemens thermostat you could hear it click but nothing happening so I linked the return live out from the relay switch  and the boiler works from the boiler controls on the front as I have a Bosch cdi29.  So broken thermostat this is why I am looking at a nest but it seems many people have problems with these after a couple of years.  

you could try linking the return wire out and see if that works but remember to turn the power off. If the boiler works from its own front controls after that sit would be a faulty heat link I bet. 

just a quick question as I am looking into these has google fixed the schedules so that u can use the boiler to heat the radiators for 30 min or is it still set to 1 hour minimum as I wanted to set timers for we min. Thanks.