cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to active furnace once safety temperature is restored

FATBADCAT
Community Member

I have a gen3 Nest Thermostat and 5 remote temp sensors and us the android Nest app. The thermostat is located at my cottage which is in Canada and I keep a safety temperature of 4.5C and an eco temperature of 6.5C so that the pipes don't freeze when we are not there.  The remote temp sensors are located in extremes of the cottage ( bedrooms, kitchen, basement, hot tub).  Often some of these fall well below the safety temperature to about 2C which is not a problem since the main thermostat maintains above the safety temperature since it is selected as the active temp. sensor.  Problem: I sometimes switch the active temp. sensor to one of the bedrooms to warm them up to the eco temperature. I get the messages when I switch,  temp below safety, and then safety temp restored but it will not active the furnace to the eco temperature. If I take the thermostat off eco and set to home and try to bring the temperature up to 21C before we arrive so the bedrooms will be warm, for some reason the furnace does not stay on after the eco temperature is reached and bring the temperature up to 21C. This has happened several times and the cottage is still cold when we get there. I have figured out I must switch back to the main thermostat which is now above the eco temp to get the furnace to activate and stay on to 21C.  I assume there is a bug since my scenario is probably not used often by regular home owners.  I can repeat it consistently with several different remote temperature sensors.  So to summarize: If you select a remote temperature sensor as the active temp. sensor which is below safety temperature, you cannot bring the temperature above the eco temperature with the android app even though Eco is off and set to home. You must switch to the main temp sensor which is at or above the eco temperature.  Could some one let me know if I am doing something wrong or hopefully Nest will log the bug, investigate and fix it. I have no intension of waiting on the phone for someone to read a script and then not record the problem correctly.

0 REPLIES 0