We've had some electricians in today. After our power was switched on again, our Nest Thermostat didn't reconnect to the Heat Link box.
The Heat Link is showing a solid yellow light. I held down the button for 10 seconds in an attempt to get it to flash blue so I can reconnect. It remains solid yellow. I restarted my broadband hub and tried again. Still yellow.
On the Thermostat (3rd Gen) I'm unable to navigate away from the H71 Error Screen. No matter what I select, it goes to process of trying to connect to Heat Link and inevitably fails. The thermostat sits in our kitchen no more than 15-20 feet away from the Heat Link box.
I'd really appreciate it if someone could offer some insight into what may be going wrong and how I might resolve this.
I'm new to Nest (we inherited this system when we moved into our home 2 months ago). When its up and running it seems fine (easy to use, highly controllable app), but when it disconnects for whatever reason, in my experience so far its a frustrating, over-complex pain to get it going again.
I feel your frustration, mine is doing the same thing although apparently my thermostat is not even connected to my wifi so I guess it wont connect to heatlink! My heatlink did have a solid yellow light but then restarting for the millionth time it did start to flash blue but with my thermostat now not connected to wifi I still cant connect 😞
Hi @Normcash, thanks for reaching out. You can try to press and hold the Nest button on the Heat Link for 30 seconds and if it still doesn't connect, press "Check again" on the thermostat display.
Hey @NestHell. Let's try these steps:
1. Bring the display and base closer to the Heat Link and make sure the boiler is not in between the Heat Link and thermostat - only if possible.
2. Turn off the router and other WiFi or Bluetooth devices ( router, speakers, cordless phones, baby monitor, etc. ).
3. Select Replace Heat Link.
4. Enter the entry key ( do not confirm it yet ) — you can find it at the bottom side of the Heat Link, near the screw.
5. Restart the Heat Link twice by pressing on the Nest button for 30 seconds each time.
6. Confirm entry key.
Let me know how it goes,
It's been a while since this thread was last updated so I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, please feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.