cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why No Brass Thermostats in the UK?

Derwenter
Community Member

Hello,

In 2018 Google Home announced three new colours would be added for the thermostats including brass.

These only seem to be available in the US.

We are renovating our apartment in London and the brass thermostat (which looks more like gold) would go well with our colour scheme.

I asked our heating engineer if I could buy a US brass thermostat but he said it won't work in the UK. Does anyone know why?

Also, why doesn't Google make the wider colour options available to more markets?!? It has been 6 years since brass was added so I'm not holding my breath that it's about to hit our shelves...

Is there any way for me to change the thermostat colour myself?

1 REPLY 1

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

USA and UK systems are totally different, we use a Heat Link USA do not. We use 240v they do not.

Google will not do anything for the UK market search the forum it's come up many times!

Yes you can change the colour if you purchase a USA Brass thermostat, then change the Brass ring for the one you have. Pretty simple to do, but your warranty will be void, and you will have a USA thermostat which cannot be used in the UK. You could always sellthe USA one  back to someone in USA!