cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is my nest thermostat going down to 45 when the temperature is set for 60?

NEden
Community Member
4 REPLIES 4

Janetconwell
Community Member

My thermostat intermittently stops turning the heat on, house gets cold

Elswann
Community Member

6.2-22 is the issue. Google needs to update ASAP. 

dora
Community Member

My thermostat stopped letting me manually turn up the heat. This has happened twice now. I have tried everything. The thermostat says hours to heat. Google said they would send me another one but it takes 5-7 days and I have to ship mine back to them first.   That's terrible!  They told me I have to buy another thermostat while waiting for a new one. That's not very customer friendly. 

SanNGA
Community Member

I have had my two nest units for over a year and they have worked fine however now I am having the exact same issue with both not heating at night. It seems that the firmware/software upgrade to 6.2.22 may be the issue. I have tried everything to fix it. It is not a hardware issue as I have had  the maintenance guy out to check both units and when he puts the old thermostats back on they work fine but when they switch back to the nest I am having this issue with not heating at night.  It never seems to reach the temp it is set for. I have them set for 70° and although the thermostat stays orange as if it’s heating the temperature slowly drops and it says 2+ hours to reach 70°. And just continue drop during the night.