cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

dual stage variable speed furnace

AgnesL
Community Member

Hi,

I have a 2-stage  and variable-speed blower propane gas furnace. It is a Tempstar, model T9MPV075F12C1. The manufacturer is ICP. Please clarify, that the Nest is capatible with this furnace when the fan is running on a shedule through the Home app.  I have 4 wires R, W, Y and G.

I installed the Nest Thermostat and set the thermostat features with no error message. I run the fan most of the time through the Home app schedule. I see and can contol the thermostat features, etc. from my Home app. My wifi gets disconnected often, sometimes overnight.

I have issues with the furnace that might be a furnace issue, before I replace I want to confirm the furnace is compatible with the thermostat. At the moment the furnace randomly goes into lockout mode, error 1 flash + 6 flashes (Diagnostic code description - Soft lockout - Max of four trials for ignition reached (3hr delay). The furnace stays in lockout for 3 hours, then runs.  Meanwhile I look at the Home app and it shows furnace ran for 3 hours. From what I understand the thermostat only turns on the furnace, is this correct? I had the furnace fixed recently and it is still doing the same behavior, my thechnician wasn't too helpful with the Nest, he never seen one like my 2023 version with the batteries.  The furnace is old, so it might be a furnace issue again. Before I buy a new 2 stage variable speed furnace similar to what I have, I want to make sure my existing furnace is compatible.

From the Google Nest troubleshooting I see that it is compatible, please confirm it is with my model of furnace.

Link https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9259652

"The Nest Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E are only compatible with single speed system fans.
Variable speed fans are compatible with Nest thermostats, but the fans will only operate at a single speed."

Thanks for the help,

Agnes

0 REPLIES 0