cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

need entry key code to reconnect thermostat to google home app, cant scan it.

mb59
Community Member

My Nest thermostat, after several years, became detached from mobile app. Customer service helpfully aided in reconnecting. However; I also have a goole home assistant, and when I try to reconnect thermostat to google home app, it asks me for QR code... I cant scan as already installed... where do I find digital key code to enter into Home app?

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@mb59 

When the Nest Learning Thermostat is installed in the Google Nest app, it should AUTOMATICALLY appear in the Google Home app, provided you are logging on with the same Google Account, the thermostat is assigned to a "room", and you're accessing the same Google Nest "home/structure" in both apps.  However, for the past several months, many customers in this forum have reported this is not happening.

Many of those customers have succeeded with this workaround: In the Google Nest app, create a new, temporary Google Nest "home/structure". In the Google Home app, go to that empty, newly-created Google Nest "home/structure" and delete it. It seems odd, but this apparently forces the 2 apps to sync and the thermostat then appears in the Google Home app.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Thanks for the help here, @MplsCustomer.

@mb59, in addition to what was shared above, please make sure that you use the same email address on both devices so they are in the same ecosystem. If they are, check that you are signed in with the same email account on both the Google Home app and the Nest app. You can verify the linked account in both apps as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,
Mark

Hi mb59,

I don't want to be a nudge, but I'd like to check if you were able to get your Nest Thermostat up and running. Feel free to reach back if you still need help.

Regards,

Mark

Hey mb59,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we close this thread in 24 hours. 

Regards,

Mark