cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

nest learning thermostat - whilst its learning what to do at night?

sambo
Community Member

I have the nest learning thermostat. Ive been using it "dumb" the last couple of days but have enabled auto schedule today so it learns.

My question is what do I do tonight? I want the temperature to go down during the night and come on when I wake up. If the heating is on at 20C now will it keep to this temperature throughout the night which will be too hot? Or will it automatically drop over night? Or do I turn it down to 16 before I go to bed? And then up when I wake up? Or do I set it to Eco when I go to bed and increase the heat when I wake up?

Curious how to make it learn correctly during this first week as the help page just says adjust the temperature and it will learn - but doesn't specify about night time which is obviously different to when you are awake!

Would really appreciate some help today so I don't wake up too hot or cold!

1 REPLY 1

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can turn the temperature down before bed, either by the thermostat or by telling once of your google home devices "hey google I'm warm", or in the nest app you can adjust the schedule to the temperature you want it to be while you sleep.  All of these will help it learn your preference.