cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

schedule visualization bug?

GiacomoBoschi
Community Member

The same schedule, seen on web browser, is different from the one shown on the Android app (look at the setting at 6:30 AM. Automatic schedule option is turned off. How is this possible? Am I the only one getting this weird bug? Solutions?Screenshot_20220113-121041_Nest.jpg20220113_121201.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Zaxion06
Community Member

How much time between screen shots? Maybe have to wait a couple of minutes to sync your changes to the server and back to the app? Or visa versa

GiacomoBoschi
Community Member

The time between screenshot is 1 minute, because I wanted to be sure that i was looking at the same schedule. I waited a long time (about half day) before opening the schedule after making the last change, to avoid caching issues.

I re-checked now, but the issue is still there (no change on both screens).

GiacomoBoschi
Community Member

I strongly suspect this is a rounding issue, because if i go into the technical menu (Technical info -> Sensors) I see that when the setpoint is at 20 (at least according to my nest app), the thermostat tells me that the setpoint is at 19,8.
It has always annoyed me that this device always rounds off any temperature shown on screen/app (both actual temperature and setpoint) at half celsius degree, but in reality he handles them using 1 decimal figure, and the user can also manipulate them with almost the same precision, not always, but for example by turning the round frame of the thermostat itself.
At least until one year ago it showed the (rounded) numbers consistently. From this winter it started doing this weird rounding I have described here.
It is annoying. And considering this is not a 5$ thing, but a 200$ top-shelf thermostat, it is REALLY annoying.

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

This looks like a Locale/language/font setting difference between your computer and phone.