I have installed a Google WiFi mesh system. Works very well with my Chromebook, Pixel phone.
However, when I try to cast from W10 Google Chrome browser to a Google Nest Audio, the cast searches for devices and then reports no devices found. The desktop Spotify app does not display any devices to cast to.
If I do the same thing from my mobile phone then the phone finds the Google Wifi point and will cast to it.
I have tried restarting Google Chrome browser and Windows 10 and ran Windows 10 in admin rights; but no improvement.
I have factory reset the puck and then re-added it in Google Home but no improvement.
Any more ideas anyone? Is this a W10 problem?
Answered! Go to the Recommended Answer.
Just so you don't think this has something to do with Windows itself, I have no problems seeing and connecting to my two Google Cast speakers (Sony SRS-HG1) from my Windows laptop. Rocking 2x Nest Wifi routers in wireless mesh, speakers connected to the primary one (<1m away), PC to the mesh node. I reserve the first 20 IP addresses for static IPs (as in reserved IP), for devices such as my NAS running Plex, but also Google cast stuff.
Other things I can think of:
Olavrb, thanks for putting so much into that. I have been doing some experiments and find that it all comes down to whether I am using my ISP's Wifi router or Google Wifi. So I have created an new post