cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Wifi setup with Spectrum Modem

scottperz
Community Member

Hi,

I had Spectrum internet at previous house and had my Next Wifi connected to it without any issues.  I am in the process of moving and received a newer Spectrum modem to use at my new address.  I tried for hours to get the Nest connected to the modem with no luck.  I had a Spectrum service person at the house today to troubleshoot the problem, and he was able to confirm that the modem is working properly by connecting a Spectrum Router to it.  I tried resetting the Nest, and I followed the setup instructions on the Google Home App numerous times without any luck.  I get as far as connecting to the router, but it always fails while trying to obtain a connection to the modem/internet.

Anyone else experience this problem?  Any tips on things to try?  I really want to use this router at my new location, but I'm getting extremely frustrated trying to get things setup.

Thanks in advance

Scott

167 REPLIES 167

Hmmm.... I'm pretty sure that I responded to this previously.

Yes, using the MySpectrum app, you will want to reset the Spectrum modem.

SpectrumModemReset1.jpgSpectrumModemReset2.jpgSpectrumModemReset3.jpg

srini_74
Community Member

I have the same problem. my googl nest wi-fi routers are not able to connect to Spectrum mode. I have tried by doing factory reset. Spectrum router is connecting successfully to Specturn modem. Google nest wifi router is not able to obtain IP address from Spectrum modem. I have called Spectrum and asked to reprovision modem, then google wifi router connect, but after restart of modem it was not able to connect again by not able to obtain IP address from Spectrum modem. Both the techs from Google and Spectrum are pointing at each other, but till to date google nest wifi routers are not able to connect to Spectrum modem. it's really frustrating. Once they were working fine and suddenly stopped for no reason.

KMK786
Community Member

Not sure if this is a Spectrum modem or Google router issue, but either way - is there a permanent SW fix for this?  Worked great for 3 years and now the connection between two devices fails weekly.  Have to spend 45 minutes removing and readding the router and endpoints back to Google Home after factory reset. 

KMK786
Community Member

Frontier is available in my area, and I plan to switch from Spectrum.  Does anyone have issues with Frontier modem?   Guess I am about to find out and will report back.  

srini_74
Community Member

I have tried multiple times by doing factory reset of nest wifi routers and they were not able to connect to Spectrum modem. I gave up and they are collecting dust in the rack now.

RWA
Community Member

I have the Google Mesh and same issue the app does not see it

vickohhh
Community Member

I had the same issue, I reset the Spectrum modem and it worked fine.

FranklinHolman
Community Member

Jeff. Provide solutions. Acknowledging frustration is worthless. I read thru this thread and I don’t see anything useful you added to the conversation.