cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi Pro only uses Wifi 4 802.11n to connect

HowieTung
Community Member

I just recently bought a Google Nest Wifi Pro, and my computer has Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz, I think it supposed to be able to use wifi 6E to connect, but so far it only uses Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) to connect. I also upgraded my windows from win 10 to win 11, but it didn't work. I am not sure what the problem is. Has anyone had a similar experience before? Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Just saw an (old) post on reddit about this same unit, possible the drivers are out of date? https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/comments/t0ghsc/fix_for_6_ghz_wifi_on_the_intel_ax210/

If that is not the case, could be signal, as the range lowers by band (best range 2.4, then 5.0, then  6.0) , and its not able to transmit through solid objects as well.  

Thank you so much, I will take a look at it 🙏

I followed the steps the post mentioned, and downgraded my driver's version to 22.45.1.1. I was able to see 6 GHz after that, but once I connected my TV to my computer for streaming videos or connected my VR headset to my computer for playing games, it dropped down to 2.4 GHz again and couldn't get back to 6GHz. I just felt so lost and not sure if it has anything to do with the regulation of wifi 6e in my country. I am in Taiwan and the wifi 6E's frequency in Taiwan is only from 5.925 GHZ to 6.425GHz, not like the US that can go up to 7.125 GHz. The Google wifi pro that I have is from the US, so the frequency was like 6.935GHz when I tested it while 6GHz was working.