cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home mini not connecting to Google nest wifi

Stickmeintheeye
Community Member

Hi. 

I live in New Zealand.

For 3 years I’ve owned and enjoyed two Google home minis.

Today we decided to upgrade our wifi to a Google nest mesh.

The Google home minis will not connect to the new Google wifi. An error comes up saying they’re not manufactured in this country.

But if I turn the wifi back on, on our old router - I can connect the minis and they work fine. I’ve tried a factory reset on the minis.

It’s real frustrating!

3 REPLIES 3

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Wifi has different regulations/ rules in different parts of the world. It's about things like what frequencies can be used, how strong a signal can you broadcast.

Combine this with the fact that you can't manually control what Wi-Fi channels or channel width to use on Nest Wifi, you might get compatibility issues with devices not bought for the same region/ country.

What region does Nest Wifi say it's made for? Go to following page when connected to Nest Wifi:

What region is your Nest Home Mini made for? Where did you buy it from? Have you tried factory reseting it?

I don't work for Google.

Thank you. 
The nest wifi says AU (Australia), which is where it was purchased from. Pretty common for nz tech to come from AU.

The home minis were purchased in New Zealand. BUT from a place that does do parallel imports. Yes, we have tried a factory reset.

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Sounds like your options are either a different network solution, or replacing the minis with something created for AU/ NZ.

I don't work for Google.