Error message when trying to setup Google nest hub:
"'bedroom display maybe setup, but we could not communicate with it from your iPhone. Make sure you have enabled local network access in your iPhone's privacy settings. Then try again."
I have already done:
1. Local network access enabled on my iPhone (15.2.1 version)
2. factory reset Google nest hub
3. change wifi router settings from 5GHz to 2.4GHz and rebooted
Can anyone help as I am very frustrated and need to sort this out.
Sorry for the continued frustration you're seeing here. I do have a suggestion for you to try.
Run your setup again, but this time don't have all your devices set up where they will be used. Perform setup with all your devices and your phone in the same room. There's been a bug in the iOS version of Home that we're working on, and it seems that proximity of the devices during setup is affecting things. Once all the devices have been set up, then move them to where they will be used on a daily basis.
If this still doesn't work for you, please let me know and we can look into more steps.
I haven't been able to find an answer on this, but I wanted to check in and see if you have had any change in your situation over time. I would be happy to take this back to an internal team for you, but I would like to know if you are seeing any changes here and if you have done any additional troubleshooting. Let me know if you have seen any changes.
As an update for you all, I wanted to let you know that we have a firmware update coming out now. Some people may have already received the update, but most will see it coming still. Everyone will have it before the end of April. If you receive that update and don't see an improvement in your issues here, please let me know and we can keep looking into things.
I know we have been waiting on that update, but it's been a while since we've checked in. I wanted to see if you got that firmware release and to see if it improved anything on your end. If you're still waiting for the firmware, it should arrive real soon. Let me know if you have seen any changes on your network.
I'm not sure what the Google gods were doing here, but I've been struggling to connect this at my office since fall 2020 and just after posting this message, I FINALLY got it working. No idea what made the difference. I did reset it about 20 times this morning, put it in a wall socket (but have done that many times before), unplugged my Apple Time Machine (which isn't even active, but hey, you never know) and I was about to turn off mobile services since I also read that somewhere, but before I got to that, it finally connected. Very random, but I'm happy it finally works.
Lucky you! I have tried many times after your message but it keep saying "Someting went wrong..." The last info I got from Google is that there is a new firmware but it never explains how I suppose to get it. Is really bad that they can not solve this issue after so many months. It was my worse purchase....
I opened a ticket and tried many things to get rid of the message "something went wrong, try again". The only thing that finally worked was to disable IPV6 in the router settings. After that, everything worked fine.