For the past few months, my Google Home app on my phone is showing completely absurd usage numbers. For example, it's 1:00am and according to the app, my daughter's iPhone has already downloaded about 400GB of data and my overall house is 822GB.
My isp has data caps and I like to watch who is using what.....but the app here is totally useless lately in that respect. I usually do about 1.6TB to 2.0TB in a month according to the ISP, so pretty sure 822GB in 1 hour is not quite accurate.
I see others on the web, and here, mentioning this problem, but I never see a solution posted.
I filled out the form previously, but I went ahead and filled it out again for this specfic thread.
Looking at my system today, my ISP shows i have consumed 415GB thus far in September. And that tracks right with my average usage. However, looking at the Home app, it shows that my 1 PC on my network has consumed 748GB Today, but only 134GB for the past 7 days. My daughters iPhone is showing 398GB for the day. The TV in my family room is showing 132GB and I'm not even sure that TV has been on for the past 24 hours.
Overall, it shows that all of my devices have consumed 1410GB in the past day. That's 3.3x the amount that my ISP says I have used in the past 6 days.
I have the Google Wifi 3 pack system. It's the Model AC-1304, and is running software version 14150.43.81 on all 3 devices. The Google Home app from the Google Play Store is the 8/22/22 version and shows the latest with no updates available.
That's a known issue with no info about a fix coming in any forseable future.