cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to change Nest wifi Config (on oversaturated environment) with news!

Nico_las
Community Member

Hi @Jeff, @EdwardT,

I have new info related to How to change Nest wifi Config (on oversaturated e... - Google Nest Community.

Sorry for the lack of follow up. I was hoping I'd get an email if someone responded. Since I didn't get any, I assumed there was no answer. Today I checked and saw that the thread was already closed. So I'm going again... 🙂

Going back to the issue.... in our environment now we have:

- 1 modem with internet access (working well).
- 1 Nest Wifi connected to the modem through ethernet cable (ok)
- 1 Home App using Nest Wifi as network.

New: We where using the same email to configure the 4 booths (each booth 1 home in Home's App). Since we were assigning the same name to the devices we had problems. Now we use 1 email for each booth (on Home's App we only have 1 home with many rooms).

- 1 Nest Hub (first gen) (ok)
- 1 Nest Cam (ok)
- 1 Nest Doorbell (ok)
- 1 Philips Hue Bridge with 7 lamps (ok) - New: Lack of permissions on Philips's App.
- 2 Nexxt smart pulgs (ok)

- 1 Chomecast (second gen/ ultra) (unable to connect)              <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
We still have problems with Chromecast. (as before, we reset, replug, etc)

Finally, we got it working 2 over WiFi and 2 over Ethernet. We still need help with this.

Things we already tried.

• Wifi Phone Settings: Select Wifi -> Open Home App -> Add device -> Chromecast -> Error connecting to WiFi (we use this method to configure Chromecast at home or office. After many attemps it never work at stores)
  • Wifi Phone Settings: Select Chromecast -> Open Home App -> Add device -> Chromecast -> Select Wifi -> Error connecting to WiFi (after many attemps we only configured 2 of them)
  • Connecting over Ethernet (after failing with Wifi, the last 2)

In Wifi cases, we reset Chromecast / Nest Wifi. Restart Chromecast / Nest Wifi / Phone (Samsung A50 - Android).  Using Wifi´s saved password and reentering. 

Interesting:

• If we set a wrong password we get a "wrong password" message (Can we assume that the Chromecast is reaching the Nest Wifi and trying to authenticate?), but...
  • If we use the correct password we get a "Wifi not found" message (Is the Chromecast not able to reach the Nest Wifi or is the Nest Wifi rejecting the Chromecast?)

Is there anything can we test here?

Regards

ps: I'm going to follow up this message 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Nico_las
Community Member

Hi @Jeff@EdwardT,

I tried to use the link you sugest me (https://bit.ly/31vCfcQ.) but i'm having an error "Refresh this page and try again. Sorry, there was a problem with the form."

Regards.