I have new info related to How to change Nest wifi Config (on oversaturated e... - Google Nest Community.
Sorry for the lack of follow up. I was hoping I'd get an email if someone responded. Since I didn't get any, I assumed there was no answer. Today I checked and saw that the thread was already closed. So I'm going again... 🙂
Going back to the issue.... in our environment now we have:
- 1 modem with internet access (working well).
- 1 Nest Wifi connected to the modem through ethernet cable (ok)
- 1 Home App using Nest Wifi as network.
New: We where using the same email to configure the 4 booths (each booth 1 home in Home's App). Since we were assigning the same name to the devices we had problems. Now we use 1 email for each booth (on Home's App we only have 1 home with many rooms).
- 1 Nest Hub (first gen) (ok)
- 1 Nest Cam (ok)
- 1 Nest Doorbell (ok)
- 1 Philips Hue Bridge with 7 lamps (ok) - New: Lack of permissions on Philips's App.
- 2 Nexxt smart pulgs (ok)
- 1 Chomecast (second gen/ ultra) (unable to connect) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
We still have problems with Chromecast. (as before, we reset, replug, etc)
Finally, we got it working 2 over WiFi and 2 over Ethernet. We still need help with this.
Things we already tried.
In Wifi cases, we reset Chromecast / Nest Wifi. Restart Chromecast / Nest Wifi / Phone (Samsung A50 - Android). Using Wifi´s saved password and reentering.
Is there anything can we test here?
ps: I'm going to follow up this message 🙂