cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it a problem if your SSID (wifi name) has a space?

cfalls
Community Member

Tech support is suggesting that I remove the space from the SSID (wifi name) of my Nest Wifi Pro mesh network.

Has anyone had this fix their issues?

I have two Nest Wifi Pro that can't connect to the mesh, and two that can.  I also have lots of devices that can connect and three Sonos speakers that can't.  A few months ago, everything could connect, despite the space in the SSID.

If I change the SSID, it will take me a full day to reconnect all my devices, so I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this and if it resolved any issues.

1 REPLY 1

cfalls
Community Member

For now we skipped that step.  Enough bugs happened, such as the Home app saying it couldn't connect to the wifi network, even though my Android phone was connected to the wifi network and internet was working fine, that they've "escalated to a higher level of support".  What that has meant in the past is that in about 24 hours I'll get an email full of standard troubleshooting steps copy/pasted from the website.  I'll reach out when that doesn't work, and the cycle repeats.

As usual, tech support gave up before all the Nest Wifi Pros successfully joined the mesh, and we didn't even get to the part we try to get the Sonos speakers to connect.

Has anyone had similar issues?  Anything that works?